PTT Meeting Minutes January 2014
Those in attendance: Melisa Johnson, Marcia Shultz, Karyn Costello, Adrienne Kume, Erin Cordle, JoAnn Yonemua, Debbie Jensen, Jonie Debedy, Chari Engberg, Dawn Young and Rachel Nye
1. Dawn Young calls meeting to order. She is filling in for April Nulman, President. Dawn goes over the guidelines.
2. Secretary, Rachel Nye, presents the minutes and they are approved.
3. Treasurer report – Families in Need Bingo had a lot of money left over with about $1000.00 total. The rest of the money in past years has been put back into the general fund but still allotted to families in need in the budget. It was discussed heavily that these funds should specifically have a separate bank account. This needs to be discussed at the PTT board meeting and reported back for February on what is decided.
* Art night has a budget of 400 and Dawn reviews the BBQ budget quickly.
4. Review of Bingo night – A lot of prizes were put into the cupboard and were returned by Allyson Hodam. Not as high of attendance as in past years but went well!
5. Art Night – 5:30-7, there will be art stations run where students can come in during conferences and do some fun and easy projects with their families. Erin is still looking at ideas for the stations. Erin reminded the teachers about the upcoming Art night via e-mail, to give them a heads up on the approaching deadline. Bubble painting is one of the ideas.
6. Talent Show/Year Book – Adrienne and Erin have been talking about doing a talent show for the kids. Bob D. has been talking about it as well.
* Ideas for the yearbook – collect pictures from the teachers, cost 10-12 (what to do about students who can-not afford one has been an issue in past years and reason it was stopped? – budget??)
*Talent Show – During the day brings opportunities for all of the student body to see it and be supported by their peers. This can make it hard for working parents to attend. Karyn Costello will talk to bob to get more clarification about the date and details.
7. Volunteer hours – Karyn reports there has been 159 hours for the month (and that was WITH snow days J, and 879,total for the year!
8. Book fair – April 8-11 – Lindsey Burkhart, will be able to head it up and it will run before and after school. Lindsey will find volunteers J.